Explanation and strategy
- Employee stories are all about your team and who they are. Why are they with your business? Why are they important to your business? Who are they outside of your business?
- Interviewing your employees and asking them open ended experience questions, allow them to talk about their life within your business, to show their personality and to entice others like them to join your business
- If you can create content with the story of current/future employees as the outcome, you end up driving the right people to your content
'Interview style' video
Interview videos can be a relaxed and authentic way to share employee stories! Your interviewer (most likely a colleague!) can be in the video with the employee or behind the camera asking questions from off screen.
Alternatively, employees can create an interview feel without needing an actual interviewer. This is achieved by employees inserting their scripted questions in the teleprompter and answering these conversationally. Questions can also be added as text captions when editing the video.
You may wish to include questions and share information that isn't simply about the role and contribution to the company. You may decide to include questions around values, motivations, interests outside of work, growing up, family and even study life!
Select your favourite questions from below or come up with a list of your own, and create an interview style video!
- Describe the thing you enjoy most about your role?
- Complete this sentence "when I grow up, I want to be..."
- What is a hobby or passion you share outside of work?
- What does a typical day look like for you?
- Do you have a morning ritual?
- Favourite place to travel?
- How does your role contribute to the overall company 2020 vision?
- The best thing about working in your team?
- The best thing about working from home?
- Tips for healthy living or positive mindset?
- Favourite book, poet or TV series you're into right now?
- Why did you decide to get into this industry?