A quick guide to connecting & verifying your company's YouTube.Make sure you have admin access to your company's channel before you start
Do I need a YouTube channel?
YouTube is how we host all of your uploaded videos, both DRAFT and PUBLISHED.
By default you will be connected to the VideoMyJob Sample Channel so that you can still enjoy creating and sharing your videos with VideoMyJob. You can even download the video as a .mp4 file straight from the dashboard.
There are some limitations whilst on the sample channel to be aware of:
- You will not be able to publish your videos, which is an important step in the process as that's what unlocks additional analytics, and certain features
- All draft videos are Unlisted on YouTube - whilst on the sample channel you're unable to mark your video as Published
- Your videos won't be leveraging your brand's existing digital footprint or influencing your company's search engine rankings
- You don't have access to the YouTube channel the videos are hosted on - so if you ever leave VideoMyJob then you will lose some access to your content.
If you have to jump through a lot of hoops internally to connect your company's YouTube channel then feel free to utilise our sample channel to create and share videos until you're able to connect your own channel.
How to connect your YouTube channel
- Login to your VideoMyJob web dashboard
- Select 'Team Settings' from the menu on the left
- Select the 'Team Details' tab up the top
- Scroll down and click 'Connect YouTube'
- This will prompt you to 'Sign In' to your google account
- Select the YouTube Channel you want to connect
- Click 'Allow' on the requested access permissions
How to Verify your YouTube channel
This is a step required by YouTube to enable features such as custom thumbnails that are required to work with VideoMyJob. If your channel has not been verified with YouTube then you'll see this warning message on VideoMyJob advising you to verify your channel:
Here's YouTube's support article on how to verify your channel: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/171664
Once verified, return to the 'Team Details' page under 'Team Settings' on the VideoMyJob web dashboard and click the 'retest verification' text.
🕵️♀️ HEADS UP 🕵️♂️
We have made updates and improvements to our Publishing workflow. Parts of this article need to be updated with the new 'Complete' stage.
We are working through updating all of our relevant articles, but, for now, here are the articles to learn more about the 'Complete' stage:
Video Publishing Guide (Web Dashboard)
Video Publishing Guide (App)
If you have any questions please reach out to support and we'll be happy to help.
Happy videoing! 😀
-The VMJ Team